In order to receive your driving license, you need to pass for a few state exams.
You need to pass for a theory test and a practical driving test.
Most people have not problems with passing their theory tests, but the practical driving test seems to be a lot harder. Before you are applying for your practical driving test, you need to take some driving lessons. The practical driving test is the most expensive part of passing for your driving license, most people need to apply for multiple practical driving tests in order to pass.
Apply for a practical driving test
In order to apply for a practical driving test for the first time, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You need to be a resident of Great Britain, if you are a resident of Ireland, there are different services involved.
- You need to meet the minimum age requirements for driving a car
- You need the minimum eyesight requirements for driving a car
- You may not be prevented from driving for any reason
- You need to pay 50 pounds by MasterCard, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit
- You need to possess a valid UK passport or other form of identity
- You need to have a National Insurance number
- You need to provide the government the addresses where you have lived for the last 3 years.
Minimum age requirements
In order to drive a car, you need to be at least 17 years old. If you would like to drive a moped or light quad bike, you need to have an age of at least 16 years old. When you are 15 years and 9 months old, you can apply for a provisional driving license.